On Saturday, May 13, Fossil Ridge boy’s swimming and diving team competed at the Front Range League Championships. There were thirteen other school competing at the meet, Fossil came in first with 986 points over all.The boys beat the second place team by over 500 points.
Below are the team results form the meet.
- Fossil Ridge Sabercats 986 pts
- Fort Collins High Schools Boys 461 pts
- Legacy High School Boys 418.5 pts
- Fairview Swimming and Diving 414 pts
- Broomfield Eagles 401 pts
- Rocky Mountain High School 395 pts
- Monarch High School 358.5 pts
- Boulder High School 277 pts
- Greeley West Spartans 277 pts
- Loveland High School 241 pts
- Mountain Range High School 203 pts
- Poudre High School 100 pts
- Horizon High School 95 pts
Fossil has been undefeated through the entire season and they are one step closer to being state champions for the second year in a row. There were twelve events that were held at the meet, there were at least five sabercats competing in each of them. The first race was a 200 yd medley relay, Danny Kovack, Josh Pales, Sam Yabarra, and Kris Malinin got first in the race. Kovack had a time of 23.40 sec, Pales 26.10 sec, Yabarra 23.24 sec, and Malinin 20.99 sec. Richard Dauksher saw in the 200 yd free and get second place with a time of 1:46.67. Shamzi Alkaf got second place in the 100 yd free race with a time of 47.48 sec.
This Friday the 19, is the state meet for all 5A division schools. Wish the boys luck as they are on their way to compete at state!!!